While doing some research on the history of speaking in tongues I came across some good books. A few are old favourites of mine, while others are reissues of classics and some more recent works. Check them out:
- Dennis J. Bennett, The Holy Spirit and You: A Study Guide to the Spirit-Filled Life. Bridge-Logos Publishers, 1994.
- Dennis J. Bennett, Nine O’Clock in the Morning. Bridge-Logos Publishers, 1970.
- Mahesh Chavda, Hidden Power of Speaking in Tongues. Destiny Image Publishers, 2003.
- Larry Christenson, Answering Your Questions About Speaking in Tongues. Bethany House, 2005.
- Billy Graham, The Holy Spirit: Activating God’s Power in Your Life. Thomas Nelson, 2000.
- Jack Hayford, The Beauty Of Spiritual Language. Thomas Nelson, 1996.
- Robert Lindfelt, Speaking in Tongues: A Bibical Perspective. ACW Press, 2002.
- John L. Sherrill, They Speak with Other Tongues. Chosen Books, 2004.
- Rick Walston, The Speaking In Tongues Controversy. Xulon Press, 2003.
I was surprised to find the books by Dennis Bennett and Larry Christenson still being re-issued, which just shows the value of first hand accounts from people who were there when it all began for us.